So what do you think?
  • What do you think of the new forum interface? Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Neil
  • Neil......Looks good......Thank you......G
  • Yeah Neil, nice going!! Except this is the 4th time I'm trying to make this message! :(
  • This format is really going to help keep conversations and questions organized without getting people confused.
  • Way to go
  • Nice job, Neil and thanks.
  • nice work neil -- very slick -- this format will certainly help us keep our conversations focused -- but i'm not exactly sure how it will prevent meatheads from being meatheads -- i guess the moderator will do that -- but this would have been true in the old format too -- so the new format in itself won't prevent the bs (the other kind of bs) -- the moderator would have to do it in either format, right?
  • So far so good. It'll take a while to get used to some of the bells and whistles (sort of like learning the soft doubles.) I think it's going to promote better behavior. Also because of passwords people can't impersonate someone else, which is good.
  • Thanks everyone. I hope this system works well for you all. We'll see.

Bug: Sorry you were having problems. Why weren't you able to post?

Walrus: I think moderators will really help with that issue - I am so busy doing other projects that I am not able to give enough time to the board. I would prefer to keep sensoring to an absolute minimum - only truly illicicit or hatefull posts should be removed. I am hoping that the new way that the posts are organized into threads will solve a lot of the problems we were having. If visitors want to have a braw, that's fine, but the braw should have its own thread so that it doesn't annoy too many people or scare serious readers away. Moderators have the ability to seperate posts from a discussion and put thems into their own thread.
  • Thanks Neil. Works fine for me.
  • I have no clue Neil :( But it's okay! We're all getting used to this :)
  • Looks good, Neil. Next job is to correct the errors in your Basic Strategy charts. E-mail me if you want my help.
    Walt
  • I like the jump to button on the bottom of the page. It makes it so easy to get back to the main forum. Nice job Neil :D :D :D
  • neil -- where are you located? the time of my submission says 8 PM but it's only 1 PM on the west coast. do you live in new zealand or somewhere such?
  • whoops - I changed it to Pacific standard time. Me, I'm in Philadelphia. The board was set to GST (Greenwhich Standard Time, the international standard) by default. I changed it to west coast time b/c that's where most visitors seem to come from, and I think most website run by that time zone.

Thanks Zebra.
  • Whats going on with this time zone thing .I have mine set for reg. GMT and post are coming up at all sorts of conflicting times. :?
  • Got it :o must of been posting, when you already submitted,
  • :cry: :cry: Sorry guys I do not like the new format!! Too much switching around.
  • Neil, Love it! D
  • I love it, too. Much easier to separate conversations.
  • neil said:
    whoops - I changed it to Pacific standard time. Me, I'm in Philadelphia. The board was set to GST (Greenwhich Standard Time, the international standard) by default. I changed it to west coast time b/c that's where most visitors seem to come from, and I think most website run by that time zone.

Thanks Zebra.

Neil,

I don't understand. My screen still says GMT. Is it actually Pacific time but labeled incorrectly?
  • neil said:
    What do you think of the new forum interface? Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Neil

I like it. Good work. Keeps things more focused. Thanks!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!