Am I in trouble?
  • I play in an area with a limited choice in venues so if I catch heat, I am in trouble. I have been perfecting my Advantage Play over the past year or so. I am FINALLY seeing some pay-off for all my hard work. BUT...today, I was at a table doing quite well with a 1-5 unit spread (8 deck) and the pit boss came over and corrected the dealer on the cut card (cut off more cards). A couple of shoes later I moved to a different table with a 6 deck game and guess what happened....the pit boss again soon came and told the dealer to move the cut card. I am hoping that this was just a new thing the pit bosses were told, but am feeling a bit nervous about my prospects and opportunities here. (By the way, I also did very well at this second table.) What do you all think? What should I do different?
  • D: Don't panic.... bosses often tell dealers to do this or do that, just to let them know why they're there... Your spread shouldn't be a problem unless you're a black chip player. Just ignore the activity, smile a lot when you win and cry when you lose, and don't worry about it.
  • I agree with WT, it's too early to panic.

I would just hang around awhile watching. Observe what normal pen is. See if dealers are being corrected at tables you're not playing at.

Then when you do play, if the dealer gives you normal pen and gets corrected, you might want to start taking it personally.

I'm guessing you're not a high roller, so I don't know why they should be concerned about someone spreading 1-5 on 6 or 8 deck games. Yes, go back and give them another try, but keep your eyes open as to whether they're treating you special or not.
  • You're right I'm playing at the lower stakes tables, after these past few sessions I'll have the bankroll to spread the 1-10 I know I should. I'll just have to have the confidence to do it.
  • One thing you might want to do is not to jump from say 2 to 5 chips or 1 to 4 for example. Limit yourself to a simple parlay ( 1 to 2 or 2 to 4 or 3 to 5) when winning. As the score drops, so does the wager. Hope this also helps.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!