• On page 139 of Fred’s Blue Book II it gives the following begin counts:
    one deck-----18
    two decks----17
    four decks----14
    six decks-----10
    eight decks---6
    The unbalanced count is +2 per deck. If you always want to end at 20, with all high and all low cards out, then you would subtract 2 times the number of decks from 20 to account for the black 2’s
    So if that is correct, the count starting would be:
    one deck-----18
    two decks----16
    four decks----12
    six decks-----8
    eight decks---4
    Why are Fred’s numbers one more than 20 minus 2 times the number of decks?? :?:
  • I'm sure Renzey will sum this all up very nicely for us, but here's my understanding. You would use 2 x the number of decks to determine your end point. So the ending count will not always be 20, for the KISS 1 the ending counts would be:

1 deck ===> 20
    2 decks ===> 21
    4 decks ===> 22
    6 decks ===> 22
    8 decks ===> 22

NOTE: your starting, and therefore, ending points may change as you progress to KISS 2 & 3.

The importance of a count of 20 for all decks is that's basically the point at which you are now playing the game with enough of a statistical advantage that you should begin to increase your bet size. There are also more changes to basic strategy (e. g. doubling decisions, etc.) that are coming into play at this point, but thats another subject. Hope this helps and/or makes sense.
  • Sage, also pay attention to the number of decks you are playing with and which KISS method (KISS I has a different starting point than II and III). I don't have my book handy, but I believe you have mixed two of them. I'll have to go check because I've been using a start count of "9" for 6 deck shoes and "5" for 8 decks.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!