clines book
  • I would suggest to buy Clines book, you can find it on the Internet.

I have had good luck with his method but need more time to prove if it really works...... Maybe in 3 or 4 months I can tell you more.

Norm....
  • Norm, because you are a logical thinking person, how would you respond
    to the following statement:

"Any static pre-conceived strategy, no matter how well elaborated, will
    violate or ignore some fundamental fact to claim an advantage against
    the unknown."
  • unclenorm, please stop beginnning a new thread every time you post - I get very confused.

Would you let us know what this book is all about? There are a lot of crappy, false, misleading books about blackjack and I'm certainly NOT going to buy one I know nothing about. I'm always looking to improve my knowlege about BJ, and I'm certainly interested in a book that will help me.
  • To Mr. Ed

OK, I won't start a new thread.... You sound like the woman who told me I should not have hit to get a ten when I had my hand of 9.. her logic was that the dealer would have busted with my ten.. My response was if you know what the next card out of the shoe is tell me so I can play to satisfy you.

To Ray:

I don't know how to respond..... I can only base my judgement on what would give myself the best percentage to win. Even with a favorable percentage in BJ you still have the absolute unknown of which card is coming next...

Clines book breaks each hand down with a percentage for both player and dealer. I still feel it was worth the $13.00 I paid for it.

Norm..... My office number (714)996-1100
  • Huh? I don't get the analogy.

Anyway, it's good to know the percentages for each hand. If you like that stuff, there is a table on bjmath.com that shows each possible 3-card combination and the EV for standing, hitting, doubling or splitting (when appropriate). I'm sure the book gives more details than just the table you describe, but it's off to a good start.
  • I'm lost somewhere:

If your a BS player:

-What is a good game?
    -What is the right play?
    -What is a good bet?

You don't have a need to know anything else; there is nothing else
    left of any importance. It does not matter if your advantage is .000001
    to the 10th power. You should still make the play.

Am I missing something here?

Ray
  • Hi unclenorm :wink:

How's the system holding out from the book for you? I recently bought it my self from Amazon ( still waiting on it getting delivered ) its been a while that you have been using it, is it still working out for you? be lucky and take.

Cheers

Colin

ps: I all so bought Winning Blackjack Without Counting Cards
    David S. Popik as it was only £3.00 any one tried this book?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!