Dealer story
  • Great story from last night. I was struggling at $10 table, but had worked my progression up to $25, the biggest bet I make. So I get a pair of 4s against the Dealer 6. I'm going to split them and I've got a $2.50 bet up for the dealer and no other $2.50 chip to double his bet. Well I'm trying to get change from him but the dealer goes ahead and deals me a 10, then (I was at 3rd base) deals his own hand out, busting. I was so distracted by trying to get change for the dealer-tip bet that I didn't even catch that he played it as a double instead of a split. Bottom line, I would have lost both by splitting, but won the double down and it turned my whole night around. I told the dealer about while he was dealing at the end of the shoe and we both got a laugh out of it.
  • SH said:
    Great story from last night. I was struggling at $10 table, but had worked my progression up to $25, the biggest bet I make. So I get a pair of 4s against the Dealer 6. I'm going to split them and I've got a $2.50 bet up for the dealer and no other $2.50 chip to double his bet. Well I'm trying to get change from him but the dealer goes ahead and deals me a 10, then (I was at 3rd base) deals his own hand out, busting. I was so distracted by trying to get change for the dealer-tip bet that I didn't even catch that he played it as a double instead of a split. Bottom line, I would have lost both by splitting, but won the double down and it turned my whole night around. I told the dealer about while he was dealing at the end of the shoe and we both got a laugh out of it.

It may say something about what he thought was the better play that he assumed you wanted to double, or didn't give you a chance to make it clear you wanted to split.
  • I have only one significant dealer story to tell. It was at a roulette wheel. My daughter likes to play roulette and bets on 23 all the time. So, when I go to AC I play BJ only. If I win, and I have, I would leave the table and before going to dinner or whatever I would bet what I won on 23. This particular time I had won $100 playing BJ. I walked over to the roulette dealer, dropped the black chip on the table and asked her to put it on #23. She picked the chip up and said "#3 sir?" No, I said #23. Needless to say the winning # was #3. She looked at me in disbelief. I told her not to worry about it, and that I had been around long enough to know that I should have put another $100 chip on #3.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!