A taxing question
  • I know the rules must vary from state to state, even still, if anyone has an opinion (or fact) please chime in. A simple question: If you cash more than $600 in chips at the cage are you liable for taxes on it?

John
  • In California or Nevada, I don't think you need to worry about 600.00, I've cashed in as many as 13 black chips in Laughlin before and all the cashier did was call the pit and ask where I got them.
  • In Illinois you have no problem cashing $600 in chips. They just give you back 6 hundreds without asking any questions or checking with anyone. I don't know how much more than that you can cash in without questions. If I have more than $600 in chips I cash them in at two different cages.

Charles
  • tuffy88 said:
    If I have more than $600 in chips I cash them in at two different cages.

Charles

Thanks guys, I was thinking two different cages also.

I'm being very optimistic for next week :D
  • I recently cashed in $800 in chips at The Monte Carlo in Las Vegas, no problem.
  • Cashed in $2200 worth of chips when I won $1200... they just do a verify, however after around $4000 they start asking to right a check and shit. I dont know about you, but I'd take the money and run y0!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!