8 8 vs dealer 9 , why not surrender ??
  • i got hundreds this experience that

in this case i nearly 100% will lost both hand

why not surrender even we spilt we still get very high % to lost all

if any case we should surrender for 88 vs 9 including no hole card game that i even will surrender during 14 vs 10
  • The indice for surrendering 8,8 vs 9 in hi-low is +7.

I think nearly losing 100% of those hands is either extremely bad luck or perhaps an exaduration.
    Overall, you still have a loser but in my experience, splitting has given me both some wins, loses and pushes and I believe the results have been better than surrenduring.

ihate17
  • While I agree you lose most hands,you should get a double down chance every 2/13 times.You should win most of these,so that adds quite a bit of value. Surrendering every hand results in a 50% loss.
  • 8,8 is to good of a spliting hand no matter what the upcard you will be much better off in the long run spliting 8's than doing anything else with them! Sure you could lose too hands if you split 8's every once in a while but over the long run more than just the current hand that you have spliting 8's is the smart play and you will win more sometimes you will even win both of your hands!!!
  • learningtocount said:
    8,8 is to good of a spliting hand no matter what the upcard you will be much better off in the long run spliting 8's than doing anything else with them! Sure you could lose too hands if you split 8's every once in a while but over the long run more than just the current hand that you have spliting 8's is the smart play and you will win more sometimes you will even win both of your hands!!!

But if you happen to be a counter, there is a proper time for surrendering, and a proper time for splitting, but actually there is never a good time to have a pair 8's vs 9,10 or ace.

ihate17
  • What ever you do with 8-8, it is a defensive measue. You should select the lesser of two evils depending on game and skill level. Call it cost avoidance.

Basic players should never surrender 88 vs 9,10,A. Which is another way of saying always split. Counters will surrender vs 9,10, but not Ace at some index. When surrender is not available, counters will split 8's against everthing except a 10 at a count of +6.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!