Spam problem solution!!!
  • Why can't we have a thing for users to mark as spam. If a certain user is posting a lot of spam why don't we kick them off of are site?
  • Why can't we have a thing for users to mark as spam. If a certain user is posting a lot of spam why don't we kick them off of are site?

To allow members to alter posts that they consider to be spam would mean that thier permissions need to be changed in the control panel. Actually they would need to be able to alter/delete posts and no sane admin would allow any member below the rank of moderator to do this.

It is not the 'true' members who are posting spam, a lot of these these spam posts are posted by bots who roam the internet looking for boards that they can join and post without having to go through strict security proceedures, such as typing in a set of five characters which are a little difficult to see and are not on the same horizontal line. Bots can't read those and so thier membership application is rejected.
    You will notice that each spam post is different, the bot poster does not reply, does not post udates to the post etc. The bot is no longer here and will only return when his handler has something else he wants to sell.

Hope this helps.
  • Hey taranga you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge with how to handle moderator duties, why don't you give it a shot. Sounds like you would do a fine job eliminating all this spam. As far as giving blackjack advice, there's plenty of members here ready to offer any help. What do you say?
  • Thank you for your vote of confidence Bojack1. :)

I have been a member of many boards going back to 1998 and in that time I have been a moderator, super moderator, administrator and joint host - board owner.

I would be more than willing to moderate this board, but it really is up to the members and the admin staff to make that decision. I have offered to do the job if admin wants me to do so, but as yet I have had no reply to my request.

Spam is annoying, especially on this board which is dedicated to one subject only.

As I have said before, I am not an experienced BJ player and do not mind admitting as much. However I already know who to ask advice from should it be necessary in connection with answering certain questions put by members.

As an aside I would really like to see the ubb img option turned on at this board so that members could add thier signature pics. I am sure there would be many interesting signatures to behold!! lol
    I would be more than willing to help members find a host for thier signature pics and show them how to use ubb code so that they can see thier signatures at the end of thier posts. :)
  • www.counting21.com

Clean website, NO SPAM... really gr8 !!!
  • nice post ... keep it up

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!