Any one read Betting on Blackjack by Frits Dunki-Jacobs ?
  • Hi Folks :wink:

Any one read " Betting on Blackjack: A Non-Counter's Breakthrough Guide to Making Profits at the Tables " by Frits Dunki-Jacobs :?:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1580629512/ref=ord_cart_shr/103-5124038-6257422?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
    know if its any good :?: worth buying :?: thinking of getting it at the end of the month

Cheers

Colin
  • There are lots of good books out there. After reading a few, and spending time in this forum, I really wonder if I as a non-counter can expect to find a "new breakthrough" in having super success making the big $$$ over the long haul. Don't get me wrong. I am always optomistic about my chances at the tables and I enjoy the game. It seems to me the math people have already done the homework and it's all in the calculations. The main way (besides cheating) to achieve more advantage is to know when to vary bet size, and you have to be using some counting method for that. My purpose is not to discourage anyone from purchasing a book. I probably need it myself! Otherwise, if you do read it and turn that knowledge into big profits, I want to be the first one to know!
  • Hi PJ

The main way (besides cheating) to achieve more advantage is to know when to vary bet size, and you have to be using some counting method for that.

Yeah I think the strategy side of things are pretty well done and dusted ( of course some out there will no doubt disagree with that ) may be we've a wee bit to go on the strategy for the net side of things but I think the wizard of odds ( http://wizardofodds.com/gambling/onlinegambling-home.html ) has done a power of work in that department and he deserves a award for what he is doing and the info is all FREE!!! :shock: , its really down to the wagering / money management principles side of things ( a BIG thanks goes to Walter in that department ) I think as you will find that any new book or system that you will find on the market are bs with some sort of "famdabbydozy" wagering / proggression, promising you that you will make $150 a hour :roll: but that does't stop me buying them :oops: as to see what some one has thought up

Cheers

Colin

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!