Where are the odds best Lake Tahoe or Las Vegas?
  • Where do you find the best odds for blackjack in Lake Tahoe or in Las Vegas?
    I have heard that in Las Vegas it is usually hard to find an honest single deck game one that pays 3 to 2 for blackjack 6 to 5 blackjack does not count and they mostly relie on 2 or more decks in Lake Tahoe most of the time you can find single decks with doubling allowed mostly on ten or 11 except for boomtown where you can double on any first two cards but not after a split. In Lake Tahoe for double deck you can usually double on any two cards but not always. I think the odds used to be better in Las Vegas but now I think the odds are about the same no matter where you go.
  • Well, Reno have some good single deck games like H17, D2 where the edge against the player is only 0.16%. The other single deck games where H17, D10 you have 0.45% against you. In Vegas there are few good double deckers with S17, D2 where the house has only 0.18%

In the sort run doesn’t make any difference. You can beat any game or can lose in any game no matter how good it may be. If you have the edge and if you play long enough than it may take you about three months of full time play to be assured that you end up in profit. You see, the edge is there with you on every hand while the standard deviation, or the luck factor surrounds it and has a great effect for the sort run. But, in the long run the luck cancels it self out and what you have left is your edge related to the total action. It takes about 400 hours to overcome the standard deviation and that is what most people don't appreciate it.
  • You can find honest SD games in Reno and Sparks. Places like Baldini's and Silver City may only have a few tables open and are usually crowded with locals. Check out some of the bigger places like Atlantis, Peppermill, JA's Nugget, etc.

There are also a few honest SD games in downtown Vegas (Western, El Cortez, Four Queens) but the DD games are often much more beatable.

-Sonny-
  • Reno's single deck game of double down on 10-11 only 3 to 2 for blackjack vs. Vegas game of double down on any two cards 6 to 5 for blackjack!!! Reno's house edge .5% vegas house edge 1.5%!!! The reno game is 3 times better for the player!!!
  • learningtocount said:
    Reno's single deck game of double down on 10-11 only 3 to 2 for blackjack vs. Vegas game of double down on any two cards 6 to 5 for blackjack!!! Reno's house edge .5% vegas house edge 1.5%!!! The reno game is 3 times better for the player!!!

Not all single-deck in Vegas is 6:5. That's why Sonny mentioned downtown. One can also drive to Laughlin for more decent SD games (at least they were there a year ago when I was there).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!