Marginal blackjack plays that change!
  • Their are certain plays in blackjack that are so marginal that you can do different things in different situations and be mathimatically right for doing them. If you are sitting down at a single deck and have just one other person sitting next to you here are some plays that you can alter based on your neighbor's cards.
    hitting hard 12 vs an up card of 2,3,4 this play is so close that I might base my that descion on the cards of the person sitting next to me if he has a ten I will hit if he has no tens I will stay even against the 2 and 3 where basic stragedy says to hit.

hitting hard 13 vs up cards of 2,3 normally you should stay but if you see your neighbor has cards of 9-10 I would hit.

hitting hard 14 (not 7-7) vs a 2,3 I would hit this hand next to me if the person sitting next to me had a two 8's 9's or 10's or any combination of the two. If my neighbor had two 8's or two 9's and split them my decision would be based on the cards that he if he draws on the hands if he draws a 4,5,10,10 than I would still draw a card but if draws like a 6 and 7 on the split hands than I will revert back to standing. The basic idea here is my neighbors cards that I could use or are they cards that hurt me. If they are cards that you could use than you should hold of on drawing if they are cards that hurt you than you should be more inclined to draw.

hitting hard 16 vs a 10 although most people think that this is a basic stragedy must it is only a small gain in a nuetral count. But if your neighbor next to is holding two 5's you should definitely stand with your 16 and hope the dealer has a stiff hand and will bust.

doubling an 11 vs an ace this play is so marginal that it is right to do in a single deck game and wrong to do in a multideck game. On the single deck game you should definately hold of doubling your 11 vs an ace if your neighbor holds even 1 precise ten that you need for your 21!!! If they hold 2 tens don't even think about doubling that 11 vs an ace!!!

These are the most marginal plays in blackjack and having somebody next to can help you make an educated decision on what to do even if its out of basic stragedy!!!
  • Play all by index in a deep single deck and you get an edge with flat betting alone.

INSURANCE is the most important strategic move

12 vs. 2
    12 vs. 3
    12 vs. 4
    12 vs. 5
    12 vs. 6
    13 vs. 2
    13 vs. 3
    14 vs. 2
    14 vs. T
    15 vs. T
    16 vs. 9
    16 vs. T

8 vs. 5
    8 vs. 6
    9 vs. 2
    9 vs. 7
    T vs. 9
    T vs. T
    T vs. A
    11 vs. 9
    11 vs. T
    11 vs. A

99 vs. 2
    99 vs. 7
    TT vs. 4
    TT vs. 5
    TT vs. 6

A8 vs. 4
    A8 vs. 5
    A8 vs. 6
    A9 vs. 4
    A9 vs. 5
    A9 vs. 6
  • That's a good start. Here are the HiLo incides for those plays and a few other important ones. They were generated using the algebraic approximation for an infinite deck. Specific results may vary somewhat.

-Sonny-
    AlexD30 said:

INSURANCE is the most important strategic move = +3

12 vs. 2 = +3
    12 vs. 3 = +1
    12 vs. 4 = -1
    12 vs. 5 = -2
    12 vs. 6 = -4
    13 vs. 2 = -2
    13 vs. 3 = -3
    14 vs. 2 = -5
    14 vs. T = Always Hit
    15 vs. T = +4
    16 vs. 9 = +4
    16 vs. T = 0
    16 Vs. A = +4
    15 Vs. A = +6

8 vs. 5 = +4
    8 vs. 6 = +2
    8 Vs. 4 = +6

9 vs. 2 = +1
    9 vs. 7 = +3
    T vs. 9 = -2
    T vs. T = +4
    T vs. A = +3
    11 vs. 9 = -5
    11 vs. T = -5
    11 vs. A = 0

99 vs. 2 = -4
    99 vs. 7 = +3
    TT vs. 4 = +6
    TT vs. 5 = +5
    TT vs. 6 = +4

A8 vs. 4 = +3
    A8 vs. 5 = +1
    A8 vs. 6 = 0
    A9 vs. 4 = +6
    A9 vs. 5 = +4
    A9 vs. 6 = +4
  • Yes, if using Hi-Lo then you hit 14 vs. Ten because the system is handicaped when comes to 14. It does not count the 7s. So you don't know where you stand in regard to the key card for that play. But there is an index for that play.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!