Steps to becoming a great player?
  • I need some advice. I want to learn to play well, and I have patience and time off of school to do so. I just need to know what I should be practicing, reading, and just doing with my time all together. I am pretty good with basic strategy now. I can get to the bonus round on the hit or stand game everytime. I just got done reading a blackjack book. Should I practice a true count through a single deck over and over? Play hit or stand all the time?
  • LOADED question... what book(s) did you read?

and I'd get some sort of good simulator like CVBJ or 6-7-8 wherein you can change the rules to best fit your local conditions.

Practice on single deck? My answer is NO. The chances are you'll have to settle for at best 2-deck games. Chances favor a 6-deck game. So I recommend practicing BOTH, to learn the strategy changes needed. Pay attention to "good" rules, like dealer stands soft 17, Late Surrender, and Re-Split Aces. Sometimes you get these perks, and the game is better for the player.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!