Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun Conditions
  • Hi,

    Does anyone know how the conditions are in Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun? Specifically, number of decks, penetration, table minimums, midshoe entry? Please give conditions for weekdays and weekends if appropriate.

    I hear FW has 8 decks...yuck! Also, MS does not allow RS of 10s. Is this true?

    MJ
  • Here's some general info:

    Foxwoods is mostly 8D S17 DAS LS with decent cuts. They have a few 6D tables but they are $50 minimum with no mid-shoe entry (They do allow rider bets though).

    Mohegan Sun is about the same except their 6D tables are sometimes $25 minimum. I've heard that they don't let you split tens but I haven't tried it myself.

    -Sonny-
  • Sonny is right on with the description of these casinos. Foxwoods usually has some very good penetration, between 1 and 1.5 decks. Although they are primarily 8 deck games. As he said they do have 6 deck but they are high limit games with no mid shoe entry. As far as the rest of the tables go, you can wong in and out at your hearts content, and there are many tables to choose from. Mohegan Sun is a little different as you have to really search for good penetration. The best you will see there will usually is 1.25 to 1.5 decks. There will be a lot of tables that have as bad as 2 to 2.5 pen, but there are so many tables you can avoid them. There are 2 different casinos at Mohegan, The casino of the earth is primarily all 6 deck, and the casino of the sky is primarily all 8 deck. And as Sonny indicated they do not allow splitting of 10's at Mohegan either, but thats not a rule that ever particularly bothered me anyway. Mohegan has $10 tables in the morning and very late at night, as the day progresses so do the table minimums. Although during the week you can always find $15 tables and a few $10 ones. During the weekend during peek hours most minimums get jacked up, the only chance to find a cheap game are at some of the 8 deck games, or if you play blackjack bonanza, where you must put up a $1 side bet up with every hand. I suggest not playing that game.
  • Bojack1 said:
    There are 2 different casinos at Mohegan, The casino of the earth is primarily all 6 deck, and the casino of the sky is primarily all 8 deck. And as Sonny indicated they do not allow splitting of 10's at Mohegan either, but thats not a rule that ever particularly bothered me anyway. Mohegan has $10 tables in the morning and very late at night, as the day progresses so do the table minimums. Although during the week you can always find $15 tables and a few $10 ones. During the weekend during peek hours most minimums get jacked up, the only chance to find a cheap game are at some of the 8 deck games, or if you play blackjack bonanza, where you must put up a $1 side bet up with every hand. I suggest not playing that game.


    Thanks for the info Bojack. Does Mohegan allow midshoe entry in either one of its casinos? The Casino of Earth sounds like a good shop b/c table minimums are low and they use 6 decks instead of 8.

    I absolutely hate 8 deck games....takes way too much time to get a good count and very difficult to beat. Foxwoods used to use 6 decks throughout their casino, it sucks that the conditions are deteriorating.

    MJ
  • MJ1 said:
    Thanks for the info Bojack. Does Mohegan allow midshoe entry in either one of its casinos? The Casino of Earth sounds like a good shop b/c table minimums are low and they use 6 decks instead of 8.

    I absolutely hate 8 deck games....takes way too much time to get a good count and very difficult to beat. Foxwoods used to use 6 decks throughout their casino, it sucks that the conditions are deteriorating.

    MJ


    Yes all of Mohegan's tables allow midshoe entry except the high rollers pit. If you do any advanced techniques check out all the tables, even the 8 deck games. If you don't, stay in the earth casino and look for the best penetration. But just so you know they have some of the sloppiest dealers I've ever seen so if you know any ways of capitalizing on them, thats the place. Otherwise you have at least 40 6 deck tables to choose the best games to play. Good luck.
  • Not allowing players to split 10s must cost them well more than it helps them.
  • NYB said:
    Not allowing players to split 10s must cost them well more than it helps them.



    Some idiot is more worried about thwarting those damned counters than about ripping the ploppy bankrolls apart. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!