Soft 18 or Less
  • Okay....So, a previous card said "When you have a soft 18 or less, Hit, unless the dealer shows a 2, 7 or 8. I had a 6 - A, dealer had the 8, I didn't hit and it said I was wrong...what the heck?
  • Hi Redstar-
    If you are holding a soft 17(A-6) double down if the dealers' upcard is 3-6,otherwise take a hit.

If you are holding a soft 18(A-7) stand if the dealers' upcard is 2,7,or 8.Hit if the dealers upcard is 9,10,or Ace. Double down if the dealers' upcard is 3-6.

If you are holding a 3 or more card soft 17 hit it on any dealer upcard.
    If you are holding a 3 or more card soft 18 hit it if the dealers' upcard is 9,10,or Ace.

If you are holding a 3 or more card soft 13 through soft 16 take a hit.

Good luck.
  • Redstar-
    Sorry,I should have also mentioned-
    If you are holding a soft 13 or 14(A-2 or A-3) double down if the dealers' upcard is 5 or 6,otherwise hit

If you are holding a soft 15 or 16 (A-4 or A-5) Double down if the dealers' upcard is 4,5,or 6, otherwise hit.
  • Wow! There are so many rules to remember. I want to learn this game so I don't lose so fast, but there sure is a lot of BS to memorize.

So...I keep on reading in here and using the hitorstand tutorial.
    Any other tips on learning/memorizing the BS?

A6 & A7 seem to be the hardest ones for me to learn.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!