KO system
  • I just read in Blackbelt in Blackjack by Arnold Snyder that the math behind the KO book is/was flawed.

My question is, do any serious card counters use the KO system? Also I just switched to the KO from Hi Lo and I'm really enjoying an unbalanced count...instead of staying with KO or going back to Hi Lo should I switch to say Red 7's?
  • I used to use KO,now I use a variant of Renzeys KISS 2 system.
    Very east to use and to learn.
  • if I recall correctly from several past threads on various web sites, KO works, although the math was flawed in how they compared their results to Hi-Lo. Hi-Lo is still a better overall system, but it is a balanced count which some don't want to deal with. But KO will definitely beat the house and win money, if it is applied properly (which is true of just about all counting systems when you think about it.)

Balanced counts have advantages when it comes to shuffle-tracking, but you can use an unbalanced count if you want. But the mental math is actually harder to do than the true-count conversion required in HILo.
  • RikaKazak said:
    I just read in Blackbelt in Blackjack by Arnold Snyder that the math behind the KO book is/was flawed.

My question is, do any serious card counters use the KO system? Also I just switched to the KO from Hi Lo and I'm really enjoying an unbalanced count...instead of staying with KO or going back to Hi Lo should I switch to say Red 7's?

Modern simulations consistently show that KO performs amazingly well. The math was and is not 'flawed.' KO-Full experiences nearly identical results with HiLo. Yes serious players use KO. In fact, one of the most famous teams has used KO. For an even simpler variation, see www.qfit.com/rekostrategy.htm

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!