New to counting, I need some help.
  • Hello, I'm just learning the KO rockie counting system. I have a general question about counting. Let's say that after the first hand, the count went positive (pivot point?) Am I supposed to increase my bets so early in the game? This is something I don't understand quite well. If those first cards happen to be low cards, is this the right moment to spread the bet? I know there is something I'm missing here. Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Art Mustel said:
    Hello, I'm just learning the KO rockie counting system. I have a general question about counting. Let's say that after the first hand, the count went positive (pivot point?) Am I supposed to increase my bets so early in the game? This is something I don't understand quite well. If those first cards happen to be low cards, is this the right moment to spread the bet? I know there is something I'm missing here. Your advice will be appreciated. Thanks!

If the remaining cards have a higher than usual ratio of big cards to small cards, you have an increasing advantage (as the count rises). So yes, that is where you increase your bet. But you don't just "raise your bet" as there is an optimal betting ramp for specific game rules, penetration, counting system, etc. To figure that out, I'd recomment CVCX from qfit.com which can tell you exactly where to increase/reduce your bet depending on the advantage you have at a specific count value...
  • In KO Rookie,there are no betting ramps. There are just two bets. Your starting bet and your premium bet.
    The poster asked about betting using the KO Rookie system,please don't confuse him by answering him with details on a method he doesn't use or ask about.
  • NYB said:
    In KO Rookie,there are no betting ramps. There are just two bets. Your starting bet and your premium bet.
    The poster asked about betting using the KO Rookie system,please don't confuse him by answering him with details on a method he doesn't use or ask about.

There's no reason not to push on a little bit. There's a very high chance that if Art's read enough to know the KO Rookie system just now then he's read the rest of the book, but just hasn't got to learning that much yet.
    No need to 'dumb down' information unnecessarily. If it's too much, he can always ask for a simpler explanation or say that that wasn't what he was looking for.

RJT.
  • Let him walk before teaching him how to drive a stick shift.When he is comfortable playing KO rookie,I'm sure he'll move up.But why rush him.And why not answer his question instead of confusing him by talking about other methods.
  • SSR did answer his question, he just gave a little additional reading.
    It's funny, but i've trained several people to count and if all they think is possible is a very weak techniquethat get a very small advantage they quickly lose interest. Give them hints of what is possible and you inspire them to keep pushing forward.

RJT.
  • NYB said:
    In KO Rookie,there are no betting ramps. There are just two bets. Your starting bet and your premium bet.

What part of "I have a _general_ question about counting..." don't you understand? :)

Note the emphasis on "general". Which is different than "specific" when you give it just a bit of thought before popping off... :(

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!