Explain to me why this is not a fool proof system...im new to the game
  • Bet $10 per hand. when you lose a hand bet double on the next, if you lose that bet double. etc. etc. If your betting $10 per hand and have a bankroll of 10k in your pocket...how can you lose?
  • Fadetoblack said:
    Bet $10 per hand. when you lose a hand bet double on the next, if you lose that bet double. etc. etc. If your betting $10 per hand and have a bankroll of 10k in your pocket...how can you lose?

By losing the first 8 hands, for instance. At that point you would be left with $4890. I would call that losing, but not broke.
  • how many hands have you guys lost in a row?
  • Fadetoblack said:
    how many hands have you guys lost in a row?

Now this is over 30 years, but it does happen. Statistically, in a 20 hour period of blackjack play you should have one streak of ten or more losses.

Your system will give you many very small wins but absolutely must have some devistating losses that will easily wipe out all those small wins.

ihate17
  • jimbo said:
    By losing the first 8 hands, for instance. At that point you would be left with $4890. I would call that losing, but not broke.

I forgot to note that at that point your system would be underfunded. To bankroll 20 losses with your system would be astronomical.
  • The idea that you can out guess luck is a fools dream, but players have been trying for hundreds of years and will continue to do so in the future. Look at it in these very simple terms: If the odds are against you, no matter how small, like .00000001, you must lose over time. Same as a 50/50 coin toss will always have some micro-level bias.
  • ok thanks for clearing that up for me guys. I guess i will just practice basic stratgey for now and work up to a counting system as i get better.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!