Interested in a card counting driller for your cellphone?
  • Since I don't always get the time for running CV driller or practicing with an actual deck on card, but I occasionally have time to kill, I've been thinking of coding a simple driller for my cellphone. (Obviously, not full table simulation, more like a flashcard-style driller).

I'm interested to hear what people think, would you use or buy something like that?

My own phone has a simple 1"x1" screen and I don't carry my PDA with me. Do most people on this board use the PDA like cells or walk around with a PDA?
  • I would like to have the capability on my cell phone....Yes, I would be interested.

Best, Jim
  • really sounds like a good idea, IMHO. would be nice to have such an animal for occasional practice. 2 cards at a time should show up nicely on today's color LCD screens...
  • I'm trying to figure out which version of MIDP most people have. Can you guys tell me what cellphone models you are using ?
  • LG VX4500 here (Verizon)
  • stainless steel rat said:
    LG VX4500 here (Verizon)

I think the VX4500 doesn't support Java at all :(
  • It appears to. There is a huge library of java-based games on the Verizon "get it now" facility... I have a java-based blackjack from a company named something like Jemdat or something similar...
  • stainless steel rat said:
    It appears to. There is a huge library of java-based games on the Verizon "get it now" facility... I have a java-based blackjack from a company named something like Jemdat or something similar...

It's interesting that you can get Java applications for your phone directly, but not via MIDP or other supported technologies for J2ME.

I'm planning to write a whole BJ program, one that actually calculates the HA based on rules, etc... I hate carrying pieces of paper or a calculator with me when I go gambling.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!