Hey dealer, why you so lucky?
  • Just to be clear- I love all people, my friends are all shapes, sizes, colors, nationalities.

I consistently have losing sessions to Female-Asian dealers for some reason. I've only been playing BJ for about 5 years now, but this trend is consistent. I know it doesn't matter who's dealing the cards as far as what is dealt to me, mathmatics, all that good stuff, but this trend is getting to me. I'm about to stop playing against these dealers as rediculous as it sounds. (although I've fealt this way before and ended up playing against them anyway)

Anybody ever notice anything like this?
  • Nope, I haven't noticed anyting like that. I tend to do best when there's a nice old lady sitting next to me or when there's a young girl next to me who knows what she's doing and her boyfriend has no clue.

I also tend to do really badly when I'm completely sober.
  • I hate to admit it, jedi, but I've noticed the same thing. Asian female dealers usually destroy me. I have no explanation for it, either.
  • Over a long stretch I have found there are certain kinds of dealers that I end up losing 52.5% of hands and only winning 47.5% of hands (excluding pushes). I should learn to avoid these kinds of dealers.
  • Dawg - Those numbers are exactly what you should be winning and losing, or are you just "yankin' our lariats", Cowboy......Grifter
  • Grifter....I read DD's post as some well timed "Dry Humor"...Perfectly placed for the sublect........Bill
  • Grifter said:
    Dawg - Those numbers are exactly what you should be winning and losing, or are you just "yankin' our lariats", Cowboy......Grifter

That's what I'm doing, pardner.

Or I could say it's just two particular kinds of dealers that give me these results. Those with New York accents, and those without. Anybody else, I'd probably do much better.
  • Desert Dog said:
    [quote=Grifter]Dawg - Those numbers are exactly what you should be winning and losing, or are you just "yankin' our lariats", Cowboy......Grifter

That's what I'm doing, pardner.

Or I could say it's just two particular kinds of dealers that give me these results. Those with New York accents, and those without. Anybody else, I'd probably do much better.[/quote]

I honestly can't explain it, DD, but I've definitely noticed it when I play. Rarely, if ever, do I take $ from a table with a female asian dealer.
  • Or I could say it's just two particular kinds of dealers that give me these results. Those with New York accents, and those without. Anybody else, I'd probably do much better.

The commonly quoted baseball manager's lament -- "We can't win at home, and we can't win on the road. And I'll be damned if I can figure out where else to play."[/img]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!