Betting Efficiency ?
  • Is the betting efficiency of a system defined as the Avg. Bet divided by the Std. Dev per hand?

Example... for A5 on my site, this ratio is about 0.8725 maximum, and 0.855 as shown. The Practice 6 deck break-even has a ratio of 0.89.

Thanx

N&B

ps (I closely examined the various betting schemes that I have run 500Meg +, discovering this to be constant. Evidently there were rounding errors due to a lack of significant digits used in the display. I calculated from the index chart itself to make this observation. As it stands corrected, this figure is 0.872) <-- update
  • NICKELS & BULLETS: No -- the betting efficiency of a count system is a mathematical measurement of how closely it tracks the distribution of all the cards in relation to how much the game odds are changing as those cards get eliminated. Using that equation, the Ace/5 Count has a 54% betting correlation; the Ace/10 Front Count has an 89% betting correlation; the Hi/Lo Count has a 97% betting correlation, etc. The equation is fairly involved -- I can post it if you'd like.
  • for now, no need to post the formula. Thanks much for your answer.

N&B
  • Renzey said:
    NICKELS & BULLETS: No -- the betting efficiency of a count system is a mathematical measurement of how closely it tracks the distribution of all the cards in relation to how much the game odds are changing as those cards get eliminated. Using that equation, the Ace/5 Count has a 54% betting correlation; the Ace/10 Front Count has an 89% betting correlation; the Hi/Lo Count has a 97% betting correlation, etc. The equation is fairly involved -- I can post it if you'd like.

Renzey, with that said, why not just use the hi/lo count since it will work 97% of the time, as opposed to only 89% with the Front count? What is the other thing besides the "betting efficiency" again?
  • BUG: If a system with a 97% betting correlation "works" 97% of the time, that merely means it tells you the right bet 97% of the time -- but it still has to win. For that reason, an 89% system, performancewise isn't that much weaker than a 97% system after all the gamble boils out of it. The other measurement besides "Betting Correlation" you're probably asking about is "Playing Efficiency".
  • And that is...?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!