posting date glitch
  • I'm having problems with the posting dates here. They are somehow being recorded in some bizarre twilight-zone time-zone, which is making Internet Explorer (winxp) and firefox (linux) go ape trying to figure out which threads have new posts and which do not...

Is anyone else having this? I used to be able to tell which posts were new, easily enough, but no longer since the hackers ripped things apart...
  • stainless steel rat said:
    I'm having problems with the posting dates here. They are somehow being recorded in some bizarre twilight-zone time-zone, which is making Internet Explorer (winxp) and firefox (linux) go ape trying to figure out which threads have new posts and which do not...

Is anyone else having this? I used to be able to tell which posts were new, easily enough, but no longer since the hackers ripped things apart...

No problems here...

Did you set your time zone, etc., in edit options under control panel for this site?
  • At the bottom of a thread it should say GMT and your time for Miss. What
    does it say?
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "at bottom of thread"... but my timezone is, and always has been set to GMT-6, which is CST/CDT. This is _only_ a problem on this site, and only since the new message board format went up after the last hacker attack. It appears to think that I am several hours "ahead" of where I really am. I was on about 5:00pm today, at the top it says "you last visited yesterday at 9:59 pm". Even more interesting, it is screwed up on both my winXP system on my laptop, and when I boot linux instead, I see the _same_ screwed up timestamps, but again only here, while places like cardcounter.com, advantageplayer.com, bj21.com, etc all have perfectly normal looking times...
  • OK, did find a setting for timezone on this particular message board, which was set to pure GMT. no idea why the message board would want me to set a timezone when my computer already has it set. But at least, maybe it will look "normal" from here on...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!