Another (dumb) question
  • OK, I guess this concerns pretty basic rules, but, here's the scenario. You're just dealt a pair of Aces against, let's say a seven or whatever. You've got your last four units in the circle, none left, wanna split 'em. Can you buy in again during the middle of a hand? I know this sounds stupid, but I really don't know. Just happened during a simulation, and that's the first time I encountered this.

?????
  • Yes, absolutely. People do this all the time when they are out of money and want to double or split.
  • But they won't let you go to the cash machine, as I watched one guy find out. I guess the thing to do before betting all your remaining chips is to answer the question, "What if I want to split or double down?"
  • Yep, I've never noticed anyone wanting to do that, but I'm speculating that it'd take too long for them to walk to the ATM, do all their business then come back to the table?

What do the rest of you guys think about that?
  • If you are sitting next to this person, offer to "buy" the Ace and place the bet yourself (especially if YOU know the count is high.) It's a good way to make some extra $.
  • Toss your chips over there before he even has a chance to do something else. If you're not a card counter, "hand interaction" is your only chance to gain a net edge in the overall game. But you'll have to do a lot of it.
  • But how about if you're normally a high red to green chip player and the other player you want to interact with has a DD chance on his 11 against the dealer 10 for 1 or 2 BLACK chips. If I can afford this (usually I can since I bring at least $500, should I cap on it still Renzey eventhough it's a high stakes DD?
  • Getting other people's doubles whose bets are bigger than yours is a quicker, shorter route to a net edge in the game. Just be careful that you don't double your way to Tap City.
  • Sorry, I should have referenced my earlier comment, Fred. I learned about "buying" others splits and doubles from your book.
  • Renzey said:
    Getting other people's doubles whose bets are bigger than yours is a quicker, shorter route to a net edge in the game. Just be careful that you don't double your way to Tap City.

But what about if they're playing SIGNIFICANTLY more than me, such as in the event presented? I could LOSE and be totally wiped out yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!