Basic strategy charts for following scenario
  • Apparently, in St Maarten (1 more week!!!) one can double down on any hand and split numerous times. I think it's a 6 or 8 deck game.... Does this alter the bs charts? Any advice at all (besides not playing, lol) is welcomed.
  • hello Caroline. it would be a good idea to determine the exact rule that you will be playing against. then you can check the link below and use the basic strategy engine to produce your basic strategy tables:
    www.blackjackinfo.com/bjbse.php

also be aware that if you are not counting and only using basic strategy that the house will still have an edge on you. that would mean a high likelyhood of losing money.
    best regards,
    sagefr0g
  • Hey Caroline, don’t forget to use a money management system. You want to be sure to divide your gambling budget into “ Session Money” so that it will last your entire trip. Above all, have fun.
  • Thanks for both replies. I realise that since I don't count, the house has the advantage. As for money management, that's what it's about for me. Typically, I'll have $200 to play with. Everytime I make $40 profit, the profit goes into my purse and i'm left with the original $200. I don't progress; I keep my bets constant (not counting doubling down, of course). I play until the $200 is gone or boredom sets in. It minimises my losses to a max of $200 and occasionally there's a nice surprise in my purse.
  • you are welcome and may all of you surprises be nice. let us know how it goes.
    best regards,
    sagefr0g

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!