Which books should I read?
  • I've seen discussion about which books everyone should read, but I don't want to get all of them.

Which books would you guys recommend for begginers that would give you a solid base to make a part-time job out of blackjack?
  • blackbelt in blackbelt, once you have those counts mastered (1 year or so)

get Blackjack for Blood for use in single deck games
  • pcristiani said:
    I've seen discussion about which books everyone should read, but I don't want to get all of them.

Which books would you guys recommend for begginers that would give you a solid base to make a part-time job out of blackjack?

First 2 books I would read are blackjack bluebook 2 and then blackbelt in blackjack.
  • I concur with nc-tom.
  • Wow, I still have 4 Options to choose from.

If I'd like to start with ONE book, just to see if I really want to get into professional blackjack. Which one would you guys suggest?
  • pcristiani said:
    Wow, I still have 4 Options to choose from.

If I'd like to start with ONE book, just to see if I really want to get into professional blackjack. Which one would you guys suggest?

If you want just one I would also recommend Blackbelt in Blackjack. It gives you info on a couple different counts that have different levels of difficutly.
  • I have read two books on blackjack Blackjack as a business and beat the dealer. They are both excellent books on blackjack but if I had to choose one I would choose blackjack as a business!!! Reading this book will allow you to make less mistakes and not make as big of mistakes!!! It will also teach you how to count and two bet!
  • Still many options, I guess everyone has their own opinion on the books. As I went through the list this is the one that captivates my attention. Any comments on this title?

Blackjack Bluebook II - the simplest winning strategies ever published
  • dude, BIB or BB II are both great

either one you pick would be fine, I like BIB better though

The A Omega II count found in BB II is difficult for beginners but is an excellent count for a single deck game
  • Edwardsjm said:
    dude, BIB or BB II are both great

either one you pick would be fine, I like BIB better though

The A Omega II count found in BB II is difficult for beginners but is an excellent count for a single deck game

Which counting system does BIB have? is it the most Basic Technique (two, three, four, five, and six cards are valued at +1; seven, eight, and nine are 0; and all ten-value cards and aces are valued at -1.) ?

I don't want to read on that I think it's simple enough.

What makes you like BIB better than BB II ?
  • yes the hi-lo count is in there, his indices use the count per 1/2 deck though

the zen count is also included

i liked it better because its Snyder man, need more be said?
  • Edwardsjm said:
    yes the hi-lo count is in there, his indices use the count per 1/2 deck though

the zen count is also included

i liked it better because its Snyder man, need more be said?

Blackbelt in Blackjack is the book. It talks about the Hi-lo count, the Red 7 count which is a unbalaced count, which isn't hard to learn and the Zen count which is great count.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!