A/10--- when to bet big
  • Last night using the A/10 count after 1.5 decks the count was like 10 so I raised my bets only to lose fast. Was I raising my bets too fast? I realize that I can catch a bad streak at any count, but was that too early in the count? It probably didn't mattter as I was getting killed anyway, but I was thinkin maybe you-all had some thoughts on the subject..........Shredder
  • Shredder
    You probably had over a 50% chance to win, but sometimes even when favored by the odds you still lose. Just the way it is. Still one & one-half decks seems early. I sometimes increase my bet from $10 to $30 after 2 decks (52 cards) if only 16 aces and 10's have come out. I think that pays, but the rules of chance makes it inevetable that sometimes you will lose. Luck counts, especially in the short term.

Charles
  • That's why even with card counting you can and will still lose... stick to Progressive Betting + BS = WINNER!
  • Shredder said:
    Last night using the A/10 count after 1.5 decks the count was like 10 so I raised my bets only to lose fast. Was I raising my bets too fast? I realize that I can catch a bad streak at any count, but was that too early in the count? It probably didn't mattter as I was getting killed anyway, but I was thinkin maybe you-all had some thoughts on the subject..........Shredder

Shredder,

I would have done the same thing myself. I would have increased my bet to 10 units even. Only 10 10/A's out of 78 cards :shock: The vultures must have been wonging in from all direction :P It would take a miracle (23+ 10/A out of 26 cards to be precise) for you not to get 32 or less at 2D :lol:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune though. Did you DD9v7, S12v2, take insurance and do all the other BS modification stuff for 32 or less like the book tells you to :?:

Well, even if you had done 'em all and were even spreading up to 1-3-6-10, the reality is that you will of course lose a few shoes here and there. But at least you have an approx. 0.4% edge over the house, which, as you know, can be improved by counting deeper into the shoe or using a harder cc method :roll:
  • You were in a situation where there were 20 more tens/aces left in the rest of the shoe than should have been there. You got rid of 68 non-ten/aces out of the first 78. This is extremely in your favor. if the next 26 cards dealt were tens/aces, VERY unlikely, but even if they were, you would still have been at an advantage at 36 count on two decks. In other words, it would probably take most of the shoe for the count just to break back even. From what I've seen on these boards about this type of counting, although 1.5 seems early, you did the right thing by raising your bet at that time.
  • "Sorry to hear about your misfortune though. Did you DD9v7, S12v2, take insurance and do all the other BS modification stuff for 32 or less like the book tells you to :?:"

Lazyboy, I had terrible hands during the "good" shoe, and all night. I played about 5-6hr and caught no BJ's only doubled a couple of times and I think only split once, 7's agaist a 7 and of course lost that. Sometimes this game seems soo easy and then it can really humble you the next time out. BTW still clipping along with a 61% rate of wins though..........Shredder

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!