Variance / Luck - you'll love this
  • Well just another tale to make you all laugh and shake your heads.

Sitting at a nice shoe game, 5 decks already dealt, 3 decks left... The true count gets to a nice +14 so I lay out my max bet................
    wouldn't you know the dealer pulls 3 straight blackjacks. Ouch I hate when that happens. Thank you variance.

take care,
    Mike
  • Let me guess, they were the dreaded "dealer BJ from a ten upcard so you can't even take insurance" ones, right? Man, I hate those! You know it's coming, all you can do is sit and watch it happen.

Don't worry, it might be tomorrow that you get all three BJs in a row!

-Sonny-
  • Sonny,

Yep the first 2 blackjacks were 10 up and A hidden. The 3rd one was opposite, but by that point the true count was under my "yes on insurance" threshold.

mike
  • When the dealer gets blackjack he or she only gets even money when you get a blackjack you get 1 1/2 times your money so blackjacks favor the player. So don't be mad when the dealer gets a blackjack be mad when the dealer busts and you busted before because the dealer was showing a ten that's where the house gets its advantage. Although people are genuiley excited when the dealer busts it is the houses only advantage.
  • probably the biggest mistake a counter can make is to play a single-deck game, get dealt a 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 6, and then have a silly grin because the running count just went up by 6. Usually one frowns or grimaces when one loses. But not all counters. :)
  • stainless steel rat said:
    probably the biggest mistake a counter can make is to play a single-deck game, get dealt a 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 6, and then have a silly grin because the running count just went up by 6. Usually one frowns or grimaces when one loses. But not all counters. :)

guilty :( ..... i gotta work on that, problem is good news at the table is so rare playing six deck.

best regards,
    mr fr0g

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!