The 1 plus 100 count
  • Does anybody use this count 2,3,4,5,6 are counted as one 7,8,9 don't count 10, Ace are counted as 100 Say you get an ace and a 5 the count is 101. When the little numbers are more than the 100's the count is positive say you get two 5's and the dealer shows a ten the count is 102 you hit get a ten count 202 the dealer flips over a 6 count 203 hits a 8 count 203.
    You get how the count works you always get to count forward the 100's=1's!
  • why on earth would you want to do that? hi-lo gives you the _same_ information in a simpler form. If your count is +, more big cards than normal remain in the deck. If the count is negative, more small cards than normal remain. Why make it harder than it needs to be

One could count 2-3-4-5-6 as 4, 10-a as -4, and then divide by 4*remaining decks to get the true count. But who would do the extra math that gains nothing???

Not to mention having to deal with counts like 1639 and the like... which are not easy numbers to remember mentally...
  • Yeah, I don't get it either. So 2 decks have been dealt out from a 6D shoe and my RC is 52,026. Does that give me a TC of 13,006.5? What do I bet? Should I hit my 12 vs. 2? That system is very difficult and doesn't give you any worthwhile information at all. :rolleyes:

-Sonny-
  • Sonny said:
    Yeah, I don't get it either. So 2 decks have been dealt out from a 6D shoe and my RC is 52,026. Does that give me a TC of 13,006.5? What do I bet? Should I hit my 12 vs. 2? That system is very difficult and doesn't give you any worthwhile information at all. :rolleyes:

-Sonny-

Actually at that count I'd be betting the farm. somehow you had 520 big cards played already. :) Seems that shoe has a huge player bias. :)
  • This is the best post yet. Made me laugh out loud.

I was also very impressed that there was only one exclamation point.
  • Learningtocount -- I see what you're trying to do. But you can just use the standard +/- format while initializing your running count at "100". If the first card out is an Ace, your running count goes to "99". A King and a Jack make it go; "98", "97". Small cards make it go up. Anytime your running count is over "100", it's in positive territory. You just need to become comfortable with the fact that a running count of "89" equals "-11". I've been counting this way for 30 years.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!