On the topic of mid shoe entry.
  • True story:

I am sitting at Harrah's playing $25 table. And I never play $25 table, but everything below that was taken. The shoe is pretty good, I am up to $250. This guy comes buy and buys in right in front of me and bets on a hand before my. Being a mathematically inclined I let him do that since I heard so many times that it doesn't matter which hands you play, blah-blah-blah...

Long story short, this guy bets $100 a hand a wins 2 (two) blackjacks in a freakin' row!!! It would have been my money... I don't think I should finish by saying that all my hands were crap. :twisted:

That's why I am not letting anyone for a mid-shoe entry, at least not in front of me.

For all the card counters over there, how would you feel if your count is high, trying to bet big and some jerk cuts in front of you and gets all good cards? 8)

Good luck, everyone.
  • Long story short, this guy bets $100 a hand a wins 2 (two) blackjacks in a freakin' row!!! It would have been my money...

You would not have recieved the two blackjacks the guy got!! The only thing sure is you would have been dealt one of the cards of his first blackjack. The distribution of the remaining cards would change across the board.
  • Very,very true...one guy,two guys...makes no difference. What If, on
    the other hand, you received three BJ's after the guy got in? Would
    you share the wealth?
  • Luce_Skywalker writes:

"For all the card counters over there, how would you feel if your count is high, trying to bet big and some jerk cuts in front of you and gets all good cards?"

Although I'd be annoyed if the count were high (I'd miss out on a hand or two at a high count), if the count were low, I'd be begging him to jump in so I'd play fewer hands at the low count. Actually come to think of it, I like having one other player at the table, so I'd like people to leave until there's only one guy left, but I'd like someone to jump in if I were playing heads up (and the count was less than zero).

On the other hand, if the "guy" was a hot babe, I'd be all for "mid-shoe entry".

Don't be a victem of "selective memory" sometimes a guy jumping in will help you. Don't forget those times!
  • I really didn't think it through. I would not get the same blackjacks that the guy got. :shock: Good point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!