General Discussion-Moderator
  • Now that Mr. Nickels has agreed to become our new Moderator come January,
    I think there are a couple of things that we can offer in his assistance.

1) Avoiding personal attacks, condescending/patronizing remarks (flame)- I don't think that there is ever justification for any of this. Who can really judge the intent or understanding that an individual may have. Even if you could, what is the value to you or anyone else? You can always use a respectful PM/e-mail to communicate. If you think of yourself as having special knowledge, then by all means communicate and debate, but show a degree of class in the process.

2) Think about your post/comments/facts- Try to put yourself in anothers position because we are not all created equal and our experience varies extensively.

All and all we have a pretty good group and I think that we all are most willing to make Nickels's job much easier than it may first appear.

Comments?
  • Ray said:
    Now that Mr. Nickels has agreed to become our new Moderator come January,

1) Avoiding personal attacks, condescending/patronizing remarks (flame)- I don't think that there is ever justification for any of this. Who can really judge the intent or understanding that an individual may have. Even if you could, what is the value to you or anyone else? You can always use a respectful PM/e-mail to communicate. If you think of yourself as having special knowledge, then by all means communicate and debate, but show a degree of class in the process.

2) Think about your post/comments/facts- Try to put yourself in anothers position because we are not all created equal and our experience varies extensively.

All and all we have a pretty good group and I think that we all are most willing to make Nickels's job much easier than it may first appear.

Comments?

ahmen brother...

best regards,
    mr fr0g
  • Ray said:
    Now that Mr. Nickels has agreed to become our new Moderator come January,

Comments?

I could not agree more with rays comments. If you feel that you must personaly " call someone out" do it by PM rather than creating a pissing contest across the whole board.There is alot of good info to be picked up here. All should be able to take advantage of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!