Is anybody else bothered by the smoke at the BJ table?
  • I was just wondering if the person smoking next to bothers you when you sit down to play blackjack? I have had a few customers complain about the smoke or tell me that they really liked the table because nobody was smoking at it at the time. With the way that the majority of the poker rooms have become non-smoking poker rooms in recent years is it possible that we will see this shift at the blackjack tables?

    If you would like to see some of the blackjack tables changed to non-smoking tables I need you to fill out customer comment forms that they have in a lot of casinos. If they don't have a customer comment form you can always ask somebody at the players club for one. I believe if enough people fill these out asking for non-smoking tables the casinos will offer non-smoking tables in the near future.
  • I hate it, but it comes with the casino, unless you can find one with a non-smoking area. And quite often, those games are crappy games...
  • It was really bad on the Louisiana riverboats. But the Indian run casino I like has super high ceilings and the smoke is hardly noticed. My worst experience has been smoke filled bowling alleys. I also don't like having to move ash trays around the rails trying to make room for chips!
  • Atlantic City smoking ban starts middle of Aprill, 2007. Vegas will be last stop is banning smoking. Are any Indian casinos smoke free? I play two and smoking is permitted.
  • jimpenn said:
    Atlantic City smoking ban starts middle of Aprill, 2007. Vegas will be last stop is banning smoking. Are any Indian casinos smoke free? I play two and smoking is permitted.


    I wouldn't count on the AC ban sticking. The State has been quite adament that they,not the local government,set the rules for the casinos.I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the state goes to court to block it.
  • Latest news from AC:
    "Under the compromise proposal, crafted in conjunction with the casino industry, smoking would be banned on 75 percent of each casino's gaming floor. The remaining 25 percent would be walled off and equipped with powerful ventilation systems to suck smoke out of the air and carry it out of the building."
  • 21forme said:
    Latest news from AC:
    "Under the compromise proposal, crafted in conjunction with the casino industry, smoking would be banned on 75 percent of each casino's gaming floor. The remaining 25 percent would be walled off and equipped with powerful ventilation systems to suck smoke out of the air and carry it out of the building."



    Ah, yes. Let's poison the people _outside_ the casinos... :)

    Sort of like those buildings with designated smoking areas, usually outside. Where you have to walk through a dense cloud of smoke to get into the smoke-free environment inside the building. Somehow it doesn't seem to work that well...
  • As a player you can ask the dealer to make the table a non-smoking table and a lot of times they will accomdate a request like that. Plus if you take the time to write in the customer comment box it will be noticable because not to many customers write in that box so every request will feel like it comes from many customers.
  • This is a good topic.

    I have been a light smoker most of my adult life.

    I just played at Argosy IN/Cinci area where they had a nonsmoking table and a smoking table side-by-side. Same rules, $5 minimum, 6-deck shoe.

    I liked having the ability to play at either table. Playing at the nonsmoking table works well for wonging out. If the count gets negative, a "smoke break" is an additional excuse, similar to the timed bathroom break, to wong out and hang close enough to the table to catch the start of the next shoe.

    Overall, I found conditions crowded at Argosy which resulted in too few hands per hour. I remember a recommendation to go there very early in the morning to combat that issue. They changed decks around 7 AM. I'm still contemplating it, but I think you might want to arrive around 7:30 AM to catch them right after the change in decks.

    Although I have yet to win at Argosy, it appears you can spread at will from $5 to anthing less than $100 and with minimal heat. As a result, I have to written the place off but have become more partial to the two-deck lately. I have yet to have a losing session at a casino offering a reasonable two-deck game.
  • 21forme said:
    Latest news from AC:
    "Under the compromise proposal, crafted in conjunction with the casino industry, smoking would be banned on 75 percent of each casino's gaming floor. The remaining 25 percent would be walled off and equipped with powerful ventilation systems to suck smoke out of the air and carry it out of the building."


    Look for some very creative interpetations of "casino floor"
    I remember when Rudy G proclaimed that only 25% of any stores merchandise could contain adult content,the porn shops simply filled one small corner of the store floor to ceiling with twenty year old Disney knock-offs.They had 75% of their inventory in 5% of the store but were in full compliance.
  • I watched the local news on TV last night (Phila, which covers AC) and employees were picketing and in an uproar that they'll allow any smoking at all. Their contention is a walled-off (which is required) smoking area will be like working in an endless, thick cloud of smoke. They're probably right unless the ventilation is so powerful the cards blow off the tables:) There's also rumors that the state might take it to court, claiming only they have the right to regulate it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!