Betting down for camoflage!
  • To be succesful at this you must play at a place that offers good rules the disadvantage to start of the new deck is under .4% preably around .2%. Here is how it works you make your top bet of $25 right of the top and if the count stays neutral or positive you bet $25 on the next hand but if it goes negative you bet down to $5! That way you are not increasing your bet when the count gets good you are just decreasing it when the count gets bad! It is also a good way to prevent dealer shuffle ups to foil card counters!
  • This is single-deck I assume since you are only spreading 1-5?

I would not start with a max bet after each shuffle. That could be an EV killer since you might get a shuffle every 2-3 rounds depending on how many players you have. But starting with a 2-unit bet, and dropping to 1 if the count tanks or going to 4-8 units when the count rises is not a bad camo play, although that 2 unit bet off the top hurts your overall EV.
  • So my big bet of the top would be almost an even gamble I might be a 501 to a 500 underdog most of the time I will be a 101 to 100 underdog where I would not attempt this of the top but on the second shuffle I might be 103 to a 100 favorite and that is where I will make the money I know that if I bet in this manner my starting bankroll must be 2 to 3 times as high and it will be much more volital. But not being able to play blackjack will be much worse for my expected value especially if the joint offers me juicy rules!
  • learningtocount said:
    So my big bet of the top would be almost an even gamble I might be a 501 to a 500 underdog most of the time I will be a 101 to 100 underdog where I would not attempt this of the top but on the second shuffle I might be 103 to a 100 favorite and that is where I will make the money I know that if I bet in this manner my starting bankroll must be 2 to 3 times as high and it will be much more volital. But not being able to play blackjack will be much worse for my expected value especially if the joint offers me juicy rules!

Right off the top, your EV is something like -.25 or so depending on the rules. If you consider that "almost an even gamble" then your blackjack days are going to be very costly. -.25 will grind your bankroll down slowly but surely, just like it does for all the perfect B/S players that don't count cards or track. There are plenty of ways to disguise what you are doing without going to a max bet right off the top...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!