HI! I'm New & have 2 questions!
  • Hello everyone!

O.k. I am a bJ novie so be patient with me. I do have 2 questions that arent answered in the instructions. 1. what does "push" mean? and 2. what does "double down"mean? Thanks alot guys!
  • darkchild said:
    Hello everyone!

O.k. I am a bJ novie so be patient with me. I do have 2 questions that arent answered in the instructions. 1. what does "push" mean? and 2. what does "double down"mean? Thanks alot guys!

so I guess no one is going to help me?
  • A push is another word for a tie. You and the dealer have the same point value,so you neither win or lose.

When you double down,you are allowed to place a second bet,for up to the same amount as your first bet.But you only recieve one card,no matter what it is. Lets say you are betting $10 and get a 6 and a 5. This is a good hand to double down on,so you place another $10 next to the original bet and you get one and only one card.You can choose to double for less than the original bet,but thats not a wise move.

People will help you,but be patient. This isn't the most widely read board.
    If you want to learn BJ,get yourself a book and learn the basics,then come back.
  • I am so confused. you are right. I totally need a book.
  • I would suggest you buy Fred Renezy's book.

Blackjack Bluebook II.
  • thank you for the help

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!