What irritates you
  • When I'm at the table, the rest of them are free to play their hands as they please. They can split tens, stand on 13 vs. 10, I don't care, hey, it's their money. They can brood, giggle, flirt, high-five on blackjacks or snarl at the dealer. I'm pretty laid back.
    But Sunday night really got me. There was player who, every time she hit — or when the second card was coming with an ace or 10 already up, would just slap the fire out of the table. I mean, she couldn't have weighed 100 pounds, yet the whole table would shake and rattle. It didn't seem to bother anybody else, but it was really irritating me (I think maybe the dealer was a tad irritated, but he never said anything).
    So I finally got up and left, even though it was otherwise an agreeable group.
    It turned out to be a mistake since I was doing fairly well at the slapper's table and the night immediately headed south when I moved.

Anybody else got similar pet peeves:
  • I am getting much better at not getting upset with people who take the dealers supposed bust card. I get what card I get and have no control over anybody else. That is the way I view the game now. I will admit at times it is hard. But anyway, what really gets me is that person who has no idea what they are doing and they seem to get black jacks and 20's almost every other hand and I struggle with my 13's and 14's. Again, I have no control over the cards, but it really gets my goat when they place that big bet out there (to make up for the losses on the crazy stuff they are hittling or standing on) and hit a black jack. I don't know, maybe I am just jealous. Usually, I am fun and talkative when I am winning and stewing when I am not.
  • I get upset when a player misplays a hand that costs me money (even though I know that other player's actions have no effect on my long-term outcome.) A painful example I'll never forget is when the only other player at my table failed to either split or hit 4/4 against the dealer's 6. I had a HUGE bet up, and had a 20. The dealer even asked the player again if he wanted to hit the 8, and the player passed. The dealer rolled over a 5 to go with his 6, and then flipped a face card (of course!.) I was almost in shock, and the player turned to me and said he was trying to help me out by not hitting the 8, because he was afraid he'd pull the dealer's bust card. Go figure...
  • Walter, I had a similar experience recently at The Orleans in Las Vegas.
    I was playing 3rd base at a single deck game, when the guy to my immediate right stood with a total of eleven (11). I think the dealer had a ten showing, not that it matters. When the entire table expressed their disbelief, he calmly explained that he didn't want to take the dealer's bust card :shock: :?: I calmly got up and joined another table.
  • SH said:
    There was player who, every time she hit — or when the second card was coming with an ace or 10 already up, would just slap the fire out of the table.

?!?!?!?!

"Slap the fire out of the table"!? What exactly are you trying to say... cuz the way you explained it is worse than a preschooler. Try to explain better in a more SENSIBLE MANNER before adding misforming extra details like "she couldn't have weighed 100 lbs" :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • "Slap the fire out of the table"!? What exactly are you trying to say... cuz the way you explained it is worse than a preschooler. Try to explain better in a more SENSIBLE MANNER before adding misforming extra details like "she couldn't have weighed 100 lbs" :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

OK. Bug. She would raise her hand with an open palm to roughly shoulder height and hold it there expectantly until the instant before the dealer flipped over her card. Then she would slam her open palm in a forceful, downward motion until the palm made contact with the table in a manner so violent that it shook the table. In fact, had not cup holders been in use, I'm sure we would have drinks and beers spilled all over the place. Hope this clears it up for you.
  • SH said:
    "Slap the fire out of the table"!? What exactly are you trying to say... cuz the way you explained it is worse than a preschooler. Try to explain better in a more SENSIBLE MANNER before adding misforming extra details like "she couldn't have weighed 100 lbs" :roll: :roll: :roll:

OK. Bug. She would raise her hand with an open palm to roughly shoulder height and hold it there expectantly until the instant before the dealer flipped over her card. Then she would slam her open palm in a forceful, downward motion until the palm made contact with the table in a manner so violent that it shook the table. In fact, had not cup holders been in use, I'm sure we would have drinks and beers spilled all over the place. Hope this clears it up for you.[/quote]

I'm still a little unclear as to the approximate Ft/lbs of force used by a 100# woman that it would take to effectively knock over a glass, say 5/16's full of diet coke, can you be more, ummm clear? :wink:
  • Back to the topic... What irritates me lately is dealers who presume to know how I'm going to play my hand.

Had one dealer hit my hand twice without me moving a muscle. Yes, I wanted the hits, but why not let me play my own hand?

Worse was the dealer last Saturday who blew right past my soft 18 and started hitting the next guy, even though I was signalling for a hit. I was still signalling for a hit, more and more emphatically, when the dealer got to the other end of the table. Never did get the hit, but the dealer busted, so it wasn't all bad. Still annoying, though.
  • when you have a soft 18 you really have to get the dealers attention-all too often they ASSUME you want to stand!!
  • I once got yelled at because I hit my 11 vs dealer 6! I got a two card 7 and hitted and got a 4, then I hitted again and made a 21, the first base screamed at me for taking the dealers "bust card", he thought I should double down on my 7!

It also bothers me when people are so drunk and smells like vomit sit next to me, not only they smell bad, it also takes a LONG time for them to respond to a hand. " what I got? mm... a 4 and 8, that's 13, nono, that's 12. what did you get? 9? ummmm.... give me a card..." then the whole thing repeats again after the next card is dealed. It's hard for me to leave the table when I am on a winning streak.

I can pretty much tolerate bad play as long as they are consistent. What pisses me off is when someone stand on a 14 vs. dealer 10 and caused my loss, then the next time when they have a 14 vs. dealer 3 and you thought thank god they will stand, but they hit and I get my ass kicked again.
  • seven said:
    I once got yelled at because I hit my 11 vs dealer 6! I got a two card 7 and hitted and got a 4, then I hitted again and made a 21, the first base screamed at me for taking the dealers "bust card", he thought I should double down on my 7!

It also bothers me when people are so drunk and smells like vomit sit next to me, not only they smell bad, it also takes a LONG time for them to respond to a hand. " what I got? mm... a 4 and 8, that's 13, nono, that's 12. what did you get? 9? ummmm.... give me a card..." then the whole thing repeats again after the next card is dealed. It's hard for me to leave the table when I am on a winning streak.

I can pretty much tolerate bad play as long as they are consistent. What pisses me off is when someone stand on a 14 vs. dealer 10 and caused my loss, then the next time when they have a 14 vs. dealer 3 and you thought thank god they will stand, but they hit and I get my ass kicked again.
  • I just got back from Harrah's in St. Louis and I am still irratated. I was playing a a table and this man sits down at 3rd base. He is getting pretty mad cuz all he seems to be getting are 12s, 13s, 14s and so on. I was getting decent hands and they man playing 2 hands at 1st base was up and down. I by all means was not getting 20s each hand, but they were better hands than his. Oh, by the way, the man at 1st base asked him if he wouldn't mind waiting for a new shoe. He said sure, waited one hand and jumped in. (The 1st base guy and I were on a little streak) After about 6 hands the guy at 3rd base decides that he has had enough of his crap hands and says I am going to move in front of her (which is me) so I can get her hands. Now, I don't have a problem with people moving seats, granted I wasn't happy about it, but do you have to be such an ass about it and annouce that you are going to take someone else's hands because yours are crap. I looked and told him that I didn't want his crap hand and he says too bad. So now I am pissed, the pit boss was standing there, we were all having a good time together, 1st base, dealer and pit boss. I just pushed all of my chips at the dealer and said cash me out, we were in the middle of the hand and I could of cared less what my cards were at the time. The butthead who swiched seats says good, go away. Needless to say, the sailor mouth in me came out (I should have more control, but I have never met someone so rude) and I left to another table. Not more than a minute later, the guy at 1st base had left also. I went back to the table later on after the butthead left and was at least a little satisfied that the butthead lost his $500. Maybe I am wrong here, but the whole situation is making my blood boil right now.
  • DEI8- Had you said nothing and just played your cards you would have
    been right. As it turns out, all three of you were wrong................
  • DEI8
    just don't let those people get to you-it's not worth it!
  • what I should have done was just to move in front of him as he left one spot open between himself and 1st base, that way he would still have gotten his junky cards. Ray I agree with you that I should have just said nothing after his comment, the bigger thing would have to been just to ignore and go about my business. When I told him that I didn't want his junky cards, I was was laughing and was not trying to be nasty, even after his comments. Like I said we were all having a good time until then. Oh well, live and learn. Hopefully next time I will be the bigger person and not make the same mistake twice. As you can tell from this post, I am a little more calmer now.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!