ROOKIE NEEDS HELP!
  • Hey all!
    Just wanted to say "hey".
    I am a ROOKIE BJ player.
    I am wondering which books to get to play the game better. I use the strategy that the hit or stand game uses, with no counting...dont think I can keep it all straight...lol
    Anyway-any help would be appreciated. will be going to vegas in early june...so I need to brush up, and quick...I have played before, and done decent, but am now just starting to get into the real startegy part of the game, and am VERY excited.

Thanks!
  • Refer to this thread:

"Okay, I'm a newbie but I need some quick questions"

It refers you to yet another thread but between the 2 you'll find what you need. Godd luck.
  • QUICK GUIDE TO WINNING BLACKJACK BY AVERY CARDOZA

21ST CENTURY BLACKJACK BY WALTER THOMASON

THE FIRST BOOK IS GREAT FOR LEARNING THE BASICS AND BASIC STRATEGY,SPLITTING, WHEN TO DOUBLE DOWN, ETC

THE SECOND BOOK REVEALS WALTER THOMASONS' POSITIVE PROGRESSIVE BETTING SYSTEM WITH QUIT POINTS.
    WALTER THOMASON SOMETIMES VISITS ON THIS WEB SITE.

GOOD LUCK.
  • AK: I also wrote a book entitled "Blackjack for the Clueless" which is a good beginner's guide to the game. I also like "Best Blackjack" by Frank Scoblete, and "Blackjack, Take the Money and Run", by Henry Tamburin.
  • Thanks, all...I appreciate the help.

And another quick question...Is the Basic stategy that is used on the Hit or Stand game a good, solid B/S? Or should I learn another?

Thanks
  • AK: The B/S on this site is generally wide-known, and you'll find the same thing printed on BJ cards in Las Vegas, Atlantic City, etc. So memorize that chart, and you should be fine. If you ever decide to try your hand at "counting" try Renzey's Blackjack Bluebook II.

Cheers,
    Vile

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!