Flagged for hitting against dealer's 12
  • I got dinged for hitting a deuce against the dealer's twelve, and the game said I should stand. According to Fred Renzey's (second) book, you're supposed to hit a 2 or 3 against the dealers twelve. What's up? If these ar calculated mathematically, how can there be a difference of opinion? Thanks.
  • You should hit when YOU have a 12 and the dealer has a 2 or 3. Just a simple reversal on your part. But, you also should hit when YOU have a 2 or 3 (or any card/s below 11 total) against the dealer's 12. Don't know why the game "dinged" you.
  • D said:
    You should hit when YOU have a 12 and the dealer has a 2 or 3. Just a simple reversal on your part. But, you also should hit when YOU have a 2 or 3 (or any card/s below 11 total) against the dealer's 12. Don't know why the game "dinged" you.

I guess this is a little late, but I just joined the forum recently.

Anyway, I guess this is really a dumb question, but how can the dealer have a 12? I thought the dealer just shows one card until you're done hitting, and the highest value would be 11. ????
  • you always assume the dealer's down card is a ten. there are way more ten cards than other cards (10-K). with a dealer showing a 2 you assume he has twelve. that is what they mean by the dealer showing a 12.
  • Whoooaaa! Your statement, "There are way more ten cards than other cards ..." is not even close to being correct. Last time I checked, in any one suit there are 4 ten-cards and 9 non-ten cards.

"You always assume the dealer's down card is a ten." is one of those statements that will lead you down the wrong path more than just occasionally.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!