Dealer blackjack
  • Why doesn't the game tell you right off when the dealer has blackjack?
  • Here in the North East the dealer does check for Blackjack by sliding his hole card into the no-peek viewer. If the red light goes on, he has blackjack and turns over his cards. If the green light goes on, he continues playing the hand out.
    But let's say the dealer/viewer goofed and he had blackjack but didn't announce it and you split or doubled down. The split and double down bet would be returned to you once the blackjack was discovered and you'd only lose your original bet providing you didn't have blackjack.
  • What happens if you have say a 7 & 4 showing and you have put out your double-down chips outside of the circle alongside your original bet, as you only saw the dealer's 10 at this point. If the dealer has a blackjack, can you grab your dd chips back?
  • redstar said:
    What happens if you have say a 7 & 4 showing and you have put out your double-down chips outside of the circle alongside your original bet, as you only saw the dealer's 10 at this point. If the dealer has a blackjack, can you grab your dd chips back?

I don't think grabbing your chips back would be advisable, I'd simply allow the dealer to give them back.

mh
  • Thanks. I thought that since they were out on the table you might lose them because you have already essentially made that play even though the dealer hadn't started dealing the cards to the players. I have a terrible habit of placing my doubledown chips or splitting chips on the table as soon as the dealer has dealt his own card and I see it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!