Must have been my most fun Blackjack session
  • It was my last day on a two day trip. Hit the tables at 7:30 AM for one last shot. Sat down for some heads-up play. Must have been "seniors" day. Here they come, one after the other. Now there are four of us. Couldn't have been anyone younger than 70. Guy on third had to be 80! Thirty minuites into the session this one guy left and came back with his oxygen bottle. (Those dealer blackjacks must have done him in!) Guy to my left kept talking about his meds and heart condition. What impressed me was these guys knew perfect basic strategy! How many times have you had the fortune to be at a table where everybody knew what they were doing. Besides that, we all had a great time just laughing and joking, telling stories about our wives, grand kids, and son-in-laws. To top it all off, I ended up taking thirty units home from that session. I will remember this one forever.
  • Nice PJ. Congrats. on the win. Sounds like a fun table.
  • PJ - Nice win.....Yep, some of us old-timers still do o.k.....I'm 64 and "mostly" can remember basic strategy. Of course I carry a 2 foot by 3 foot cheat card just in case........This works fine except sometimes my hearing aid, glass eye, and false teeth aren't workin' right; and I trip over my walker; but all and all I'm still in the game.

Regards....Grif'
  • Grifter said:
    PJ - Nice win.....Yep, some of us old-timers still do o.k.....I'm 64 and "mostly" can remember basic strategy. Of course I carry a 2 foot by 3 foot cheat card just in case........This works fine except sometimes my hearing aid, glass eye, and false teeth aren't workin' right; and I trip over my walker; but all and all I'm still in the game.

Regards....Grif'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!