Current Loss Balance betting strategy
  • What does anyone think about Frits Dunki-Jacobs' theory of current loss balance betting strategy. From what I've read, you won't make a lot of money, but you can come out ahead most all the time.
    This is in his book "Betting on Blackjack"
  • I'm familiar with it. I tested it for Midnite a year or so ago. It is a modified D'Alembert, and plays similar to any other "D"...a wild, roller coaster ride. Yes, you will win more sessions than you lose if you follow the recommended stop win/stop loss points, BUT your losing session amounts will exceed your winnings......and just like any other progression system, it will not improve your EV.

If you do not want to learn a full count, but want to have a small positive EV with a minimum of effort, you might try Fred Renzey's A-10 Front Count.

Regards....Grifter
  • How would I go about getting info on Renzey's A10 Front Count?
    Is it in the Blackjack Bluebook II ? Thanks.
  • rockyr.....Sure is in the book. Starts on Page 119......Grifter
  • What is the premise of his book?
  • stockmaster man - The book is the most concise and well written book I have ever read/seen about how to play blackjack correctly (and I have been playing for over 40 years and have a library of at least 35 blackjack books). It covers everything from basic strategy to counting.

Grifter
  • stockmasterman,
    Since reading the book mentioned by Grifter, I have not purchased any more blackjack books. You will benefit greatly by using it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!