Forum Suggestion, Introduction
  • I just got here yesterday, so never mind me...

I am an active poster on a couple blackjack forums and I operate a large forum for scuba divers. Why only two categories? I think the forum could be more successful if you broke things up a bit.

Also, the next time you upgrade, consider vBulletin over phpBB. It's really a much nicer forum package.

Otherwise, nice place and great game.

But I'm here because Fred Renzey is here. My evolving BJ philosophy is based mainly on his writing, both articles and blackjack bluebook. Does that make me a Renzeyite? Probably... unashamed, I might add! 8)
  • It would be neat to have a lounge area where we could post our past experiences or funny stories of playing! :lol:
  • Good suggestions. I do want to switch to vBulletin some day. Along with having nicer features it is more secure.

Sometimes I feel that having too many categories hurts bulletin boards, b/c it splits up the activity and creates dead sections. On other hand, "blackjack strategy" is way broad. Also, having a section for experiences and funny stories for example could boost the number of posts.
  • (1) vBulletin is really cheap. Considering what you went through last week (and probably will again) you should do it!

(2) I have seen forums that did have too many categories, but being the OCD archetype (well, really just a little anal, I guess) I like organization. However, the new vBulletin has a new posts link that I love... you can see any new material from ALL the forums.

No offense, like the site & all, but the lack of organization in the forums is a bit of a turn off to me.
  • IMO, this Forum is excellent just as it is...and greatly appreciated...
    if you want some additional ideas,
    check out www.thelion.com (Wall Street Pit),
    it's the free Stock Market/Day Trading forum where I post my stock info (I'm "StockAlertMVU" there).
  • Wouldn't mind a "pit critter" topic and a "ploppy palace" topic for those stories. So lets see... Strategy Q/A, pit critters, and a ploppy palace. JMT's
  • Surfteq said:
    IMO, this Forum is excellent just as it is...and greatly appreciated...

Never implied it wasn't. But as I said before, maintaining forums such as this is part of what I do FOR A LIVING and has been for nearly 10 years. Trust me, I know how to organize and deploy a successful forum.

Surfteq said:
    if you want some additional ideas, check out www.thelion.com (Wall Street Pit)...

If you want some additional BAD ideas... regardless of how good the content might be, the software is of proprietary design, and not a fraction as good as what you are already utilizing. Certainly not even in the same league as vBulletin.

As such, even "The Lion" has 10 active forums, not two. So Surfteq has just reinforced my position.
  • One reason I visit this site is that it’s fast and easy. You don’t have to scour several forums for new content. Please don’t clutter it up with more categories. There’s just not enough traffic to justify it, IMO.
  • If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • Surfteq said:
    IMO, this Forum is excellent just as it is...and greatly appreciated...
    if you want some additional ideas,
    check out www.thelion.com (Wall Street Pit),
    it's the free Stock Market/Day Trading forum where I post my stock info (I'm "StockAlertMVU" there).

I've always wondered how many other BJ folks here were into day or short trading. Glad to see your post. I've been doing some swing and short trades and always felt that the mentality and fortitude that goes with BJ is very similar to that needed for trading. Nice to know others here are doing the same. Good luck, sell high!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!